Hi, my name is Vincent Tang.
Currently, I work at a firm that builds and designs restaurants. Most of my day is spent product management (ecommerce) [project is not live yet] and project management (construction). Previously I worked as a metallurgist.
In my freetime, I like doing web development. I use this website to share things I learn. These topics are the following:
- Tutorials – Nonopinionated tutorials
- Tips – Opinionated developmental tidbits
- Writing – Personal topics
What I am up to now – edited 11/3/18
What I am learning now
- React / Redux / graphQL / nodeJS
What I am physically building now [see portfolio]
What I am trying to improve on last edited 11/3/18
- Bulking Up / waking up early
- Doing more technical talks / starting youtube tutorials
- Being more active in dev communities
What I am doing for fun last edited 11/8/18
- Learning to play Final Fantasy X on the Ukelele
- Learning to play the piano / basic music theory
I publish articles elsewhere on occasion.
- Bulk Image Uploader to Airtable via macros – May 2017 – Macro uploading
- Bulk Image Downloader and Renamer using Excel VBA Juny 2017 – Excel VBA Plugin for a popular relational database system
Around The Web
- Github – Projects
- Twitter – Random thoughts and occasional spam
- Stackoverflow – Where I post all my dumb questions and answers to things I couldn’t find
- Codepen – For fun projects
- MDN Design Documentation – I wrote part of the MDN documentation for things like ternary operator and search methods
- Alternativeto.net – Top contributor for alternative software, I put all my notes about different software I have ever tried here
- Hackernews – To stay up to date on all things tech related
- Freecodecamp Forums – Solutionsets to problems in the curriculum
- Airtable Forums – I write about database and macro workflows
- Slides.com – Slidedeck where I do technical talks at.
You can reach me with the contact page form below, or at my email: vincentntang (at) gmail.com
You actually read this far down here? Random tidbits:
- I used to be really into gaming. During college, I had 5000 followers for popular gaming guides and tutorials I’ve written, translated by fans in multiple languages. For many years, I also worked as an alpha game tester for many AAA gaming studios under NDA. I played competitively in almost every genre, even with some of the top esports players today (DoTA). My first introduction to programming was game modding maps for starcraft 1 in elementary school.
- I was one of the moderators for reddit r/place, the largest online art collaboration ever done. My work is featured on news outlets
- I couldn’t do a girly pushup in college, I was that out of shape. Before pics
- My first vehicle I’ve ever driven was not a car, but a forklift.
- I love learning about different industries and ergonomics. My desk reflects that.
- I’ve designed many restaurant kitchen layouts. My favorite is probably Soupya Saiyan, a dragonball Z themed restaurant with 20MM views on buzzfeed. Some of my other client work includes Disney, Wholefoods 365 during Amazon merger, Morimoto Asia from Ironchef, and many more.